The Progressive Professionals Forum (PPF) was launched in August 2013 in Johannesburg, South Africa. The PPF was established because it was felt that:
1. The Intellectual power base of South Africa is grossly under-utilised.
2. We acknowledge that the middle class is not contributing as much as it is capable of & as often as it should towards building our country and developing its people .
3. Diversity of opinions are more effective in an inclusive framework.
4. We believe other professionals bodies are more developmental in nature and inward focussed and are therefore restricted with regard to the role that they can play in society at large.
1. Provide a platform for all professionals to stimulate intellectual debate on the progressive agenda.
2. Enable continuous interactions between various progressive formations and professionals.
3. Leverage and harness the capacity of professionals to engender an inclusive economic growth.
4. Seek mechanisms to ensure that the public discourse in the country is balanced and progressive and promote the patriotism of its citizens.
5. We will do this by availing our skills and expertise and engaging at a strategic level with government and the private sector.
The Progressive Professionals Forum (PPF) is a non-racial, non-sexist and non-xenophobic organisation of progressive professionals, academics, intellectuals and patriotic entrepreneurs subscribing the values of the Freedom Charter and the Constitution of South Africa As the think tank and resource base of South Africa we assist in the realization of our country’s developmental goals through policy, research and advocacy.
President : Kashif Wicomb
Deputy President : Steven Ngubeni
National Chairperson : Abram Luruli
Secretary General : Sithembiso Kubheka
Dep Secretary General : Matshidiso Mfikoe
Treasurer-General :Thembisa Jimana
NEC member : Adv Graig Philander
NEC Member : Dr Honours Mukhari
NEC member : Motsei Rammala
NEC member : Nomcebo Tshabalala
NEC member : Nathi Mthethwa
NEC member : Stan ItshegetsengNEC member : Xolani Xulu